Jan 17, 2010

Walmart Tear Session

How Embarrassed and Small do i feel right now? More on that later.
I went to church this morning really enjoyed Sunny's message it was on "Where do we go from here?". I think this was a question on my heart. This week has been stressful and busy and as much as i tell myself i am giving all my uncertainties and worries to the lord i seem to be having a difficult time with it. I have been feeling stressed about school applying for financial aid,scholarships,and nursing schools makes me sick to my stomach. "UAB is how much a semester?" my mom asked as i read the total cost of tuition, housing, food, etc. I think we have become spoiled after being at the Jr. College for two years. I know god will take care of me he always has. Brandon made me laugh today on the way to Dothan saying "Worry is like a rocking chair--it gives you something to do but it doesn't get you anywhere.” I had to go to Dothan today to get a homecoming suit i got a basic black with a bright color underneath so i could use it for interviews to... assuming ill get one with AUM.(cross you fingers)
While in Dothan i stopped by Michael's and got some wooden unfinished frames so i could use the Mod Podge i have been anxiously storing for 3 weeks!!! I used it the second i got home and i have to say it worked petty well. I was feeling confident so i decided to go ahead and start my bulletin boards i had been planning to make for like 3 months. I went to Wal-Mart and found some great yellow,pink, and purple fabric. They match the bedding from Pottery Barn. when i went to the counter this sweet lady who looked like a nice grandmotherly figure(not) was at the counter. I told her the length and width i wanted and the grandmother disappeared. She said no that doesn't make sense...I tried my best to explain what i was doing and told her the size of the boards i wanted to cover. This didn't work either. One thing you should know about me is that i am terrified to the core of confrontation i will do almost anything to avoid it especially in public places (eek)! Anyway about the time my eyes were welling up with tears this sweet lady walked up and hugged me out of the blue and said don't worry this fabric stuff is hard to understand.She had overheard me explaining the size of the boards and told the fabric person what sizes i needed exactly. I felt so embarrassed but definitely glad the lady had walked up. I headed strait for the check out line darted for the car and proceeded to cry for like 5 min. straight. I felt like the biggest baby on the world then i dried my tears headed home and covered my bulletin boards with the fabric that had caused me so much drama.

1 comment:

  1. Aww Linds! I miss you, if I had been with yo at WalMart I would have been like "Listen lady, we want this fabric and these dimensions..so do it now or I will bust a cap!" haha! Come visit me soon:)

    ReplyDelete






Categorized

Life (46) polyvore (40) Interests (36) Holidays (30) School (28) Friends (23) home (19) home decor (19) interior (19) interior decorating (19) fashion (18) interior design (17) interiors (17) style (17) Random (16) Parties (14) Music (9) Faith (8) Fall (8) Pottery Barn (8) J.Crew (6) Travel (6) Family (5) Williams-Sonoma (5) clothing (5) female (5) Ballard Designs (4) Christmas (4) Cole Haan (4) Crate and Barrel (4) UGG Australia (4) Work (4) misses (4) woman (4) women (4) women's clothing (4) women's fashion (4) Holiday (3) Pier 1 Imports (3) Texas (3) juniors (3) Ariat (2) BaubleBar (2) Brooks Brothers (2) Dee Berkley (2) Dressage Collection (2) Elizabeth Cole (2) FOSSIL (2) Gillian Julius (2) Home Decorators Collection (2) Juliska (2) Kate Spade (2) Lee Industries (2) Liberty Art Fabrics (2) Mara Hoffman (2) Mirror Image Home (2) Mossimo Supply Co. (2) Ray-Ban (2) River Island (2) Weddings (2) art (2) books (2) 24|7 Frenzy (1) ASOS (1) Accessorize (1) Akira (1) Alicia Adams (1) American Eagle Outfitters (1) Ancient Greek Sandals (1) Ballard (1) Barbour (1) Bebe (1) Billabong (1) Birkenstock (1) Bliss Studio (1) Blogs To See (1) Bloomingdale's (1) Bodum (1) Boohoo (1) Bungalow 5 (1) Call it SPRING (1) Calvin Klein (1) Casetify (1) Chandra Rugs (1) Charlie Jade (1) Christian Dior (1) Clarins (1) Columbia (1) Designers Guild (1) Dogeared (1) Dune (1) DwellStudio (1) Eos (1) Essie (1) Etro (1) Fashion Trends (1) FitFlop (1) Forever 21 (1) Frankford (1) HUGO (1) Habitat (1) Happy Jackson (1) Hillsdale Furniture (1) HoneyBee Gardens (1) Icône (1) Illesteva (1) J Brand (1) Jamie Young (1) John-Richard (1) Jonathan Adler (1) Justin Boots (1) Kelsi Dagger Brooklyn (1) Kendra Scott (1) Kenneth Cole (1) Kenneth Cole Reaction (1) L.L.Bean (1) Lauren Ralph Lauren (1) Lazy Susan (1) Le Creuset (1) Legacy Home (1) Lilac Clothing (1) Lilly Pulitzer (1) Linea Carta (1) Longchamp (1) Lorna Jane (1) Lulie Wallace (1) Masquerade (1) Michael Kors (1) Miz Mooz (1) Monica Vinader (1) Monserat De Lucca (1) Nearly Natural (1) Nicholas Kirkwood (1) Nikon (1) Nly Shoes (1) Noir (1) Nordstrom (1) Off-White (1) Oscar de la Renta (1) Paddywax (1) Parker (1) Patagonia (1) Pendleton (1) Petit Bateau (1) Pieces (1) Polo Ralph Lauren (1) Pottery (1) Rebecca Minkoff (1) Rocket Dog (1) SANDERSON (1) Skemo (1) Sole Society (1) Spode (1) Staub (1) Stuart Weitzman (1) Sugar Paper (1) Sur La Table (1) Susan Shaw (1) Tart (1) The Fifth Label (1) Theory (1) Toast (1) Top of the World (1) Topshop (1) Tory Burch (1) Totally Bamboo (1) Tweedmill (1) VILA (1) Vince (1) Vince Camuto (1) Wet Seal (1) White Crow (1) White House Black Market (1) bench (1) jcp (1) lighting (1) maurices (1) men's fashion (1) menswear (1) outdoor benches (1) outdoor furniture (1) outdoor lighting (1) outdoor patio lights (1) outdoor string lights (1) outdoors (1) patio furniture (1) patio string light (1) philosophy (1) plus size clothing (1) vintage outdoor lighting (1)