I was reading a Sunday school
magazine and one of the articles
was about human trafficking.I saw
the movie "Taken" a while back and
while the movie is mostly action
focused I was shocked at the fact that
magazine and one of the articles
was about human trafficking.I saw
the movie "Taken" a while back and
while the movie is mostly action
focused I was shocked at the fact that
slavery still exists and thrives in the world.
Yes I apparently and more naive than I
thought. I was the child in fourth grade
who came home crying after in Alabama
History i found out that there was
such thing as slavery and that
it had occurred in Alabama! It always
bothered me how people could
justify selling other people?!!
But it was comforting that people had
come to their senses and (i thought)
there was not longer such a thing.
Well in our country anyway...
thought. I was the child in fourth grade
who came home crying after in Alabama
History i found out that there was
such thing as slavery and that
it had occurred in Alabama! It always
bothered me how people could
justify selling other people?!!
But it was comforting that people had
come to their senses and (i thought)
there was not longer such a thing.
Well in our country anyway...
Today my bubble was burst again the magazine said,"There are more
slaves now than in the height of the Trans-Atlantic slave trade in the 16th
slaves now than in the height of the Trans-Atlantic slave trade in the 16th
and 18th centuries." What? My heart is broken.I feel so guilty how can i worry about such petty things when i have my freedom?
Check out this link it is scary how close this
is happening to home:
Sari Bari is a safe home where women, who have been
exploited in the sex trade, can have their dignity
restored and experience new life in the making.
I wrote my literary analysis on human trafficking fall of freshman year! It is terrible, and the US is definately involved! Awareness is the key!
ReplyDelete