Last weekend one of my friends from high school turned 21. A bunch of my
dearest friends from Enterprise got together at Rachel's amazing lake house.
We all had a blast and it was so nice to catch up with everyone!
This handsome cutie will be moving to Birmingham soon!
After four years of our long/and not so long distance relationship
Brad will be moving to UAB for school.
Now to the Blues...I have always felt a little
awkward when introducing myself or having
"cordial" conversations when school and career topics come up.
We will bedoing the whole small talk thing
and nursing school will come up, and every time it is
"What are you doing after school" comes up.
I am often not sure what to say. I am still in nursing school
I don't know what I am doing next week much less after I finish school.
My mom has also jumped on the plan out every detail of your life
train and reminds me daily that I do not want to be "just" a nurse.
What if I do? What if I want to live in Africa and teach AIDS
awareness my whole life. What if I want to work for Martha Stewart.
One of my nursing friends was talkingtoday about how
little personal time she has right now, and she made
a good point. "Why stress about stuff that is two years away when
I could get hit by a bus just crossing the street." Okay maybe that
over shot my point. I just want to make a decision when I am
ready and not feel like I am running into open fire every time I
talk about my school and career future.
Sorry I probably should not use this blog as my vent fest but bear with me.

No comments:
Post a Comment