1. The first seems very silly now but at the time it was a big upset. When i was in fifth grade i tried out for the gym team at Enterprise Gymnastics i took regular gymnastics classes there during the week but i decided to try out for the competitive team. At this point in my life i was very unsure of myself, shy, just completely unconfident. I considered not going but my mom said if i signed up i had to go. I went and did good "i thought" the coaches said they would mail a letter out with the results of the tryouts. Ii remember it was the day of my 11th birthday party when i received the letter. I didn't make the team i was pretty disappointed but i did have a wonderful birthday party that night. Two weeks later i got my back handspring during one of the regular classes and Mr. Jeff the coach called me over and asked me to be on the team. I was pretty intimidate my first time at practice but i did well and competed for the aerials for 3 years. While i was on the team i became more confident in myself and eventually tried out for cheerleading i thankfully made cheerleading all 5 years i tried out. I even started working for the gym when i was 15 i feel like i grew up there. Its crazy how i still remember feeling bad for not making it that first year.
"If you can't do great things, do small things in a great way. Don't wait for great opportunities. Seize common, everyday ones and make them great."
No comments:
Post a Comment